Montgomery County, Tennessee
Montgomery County is a county in the U.S. state of Tennessee. As of the 2010 census, the population was 172,331. The county seat is Clarksville. The county was named for John Montgomery, a soldier in the American Revolutionary War and an early settler who founded the city of Clarksville.
References[change | change source]
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on July 15, 2011. Retrieved December 6, 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- Eleanor Williams, "Montgomery County," Tennessee Encyclopedia of History and Culture. Retrieved: March 11, 2013.
- "Tennessee: Individual County Chronologies". Tennessee Atlas of Historical County Boundaries. The Newberry Library. 2007. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "Origins Of Tennessee County Names" (PDF). Tennessee Blue Book. 2005–2006. p. 512. Retrieved April 18, 2015.