Muri bei Bern
Muri bei Bern
The church of Gümligen
|• Mayor||Hans-Rudolf Saxer FDP|
|• Total||7.6 km2 (2.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||558 m (1,831 ft)|
|• Density||1,700/km2 (4,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (Central European Time)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (Central European Summer Time)|
|Surrounded by||Allmendingen, Belp, Berne, Kehrsatz, Köniz, Ostermundigen, Stettlen, Vechigen and Worb|
History[change | change source]
Muri has been populated since the time of the Romans, but it has only had the name Muri since 1180. It started as a little township with a little castle and some farmhouses. Between the 13th and 15th century it became a very rich township.
Places of interest[change | change source]
- The Aare flows through Muri
- The castle of Muri
- The Villa Mettlen (a villa that is build from a rich man and now it is a music school)
- The church Muri
- The Auguetbrücke (an old bridge over the Aare)
Geography[change | change source]
In Muri it has two big woods; The Hüendli-Wald and the Dentenberg-Wald. Around the Aare it has also a little woods. All together it has 150 hectares of woods, 190 hectares of grassland and 339 hectares of building land. Also Muri has a total area of 760 hectares.
References[change | change source]
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- "Ständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Staatsangehörigkeitskategorie Geschlecht und Gemeinde; Provisorische Jahresergebnisse; 2018". Federal Statistical Office. 9 April 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Muri bei Bern at Wikimedia Commons