Kanté warming up for France in 2018
|Full name||N'Golo Leon Jules Kanté|
|Date of birth||29 March 1991|
|Place of birth||Paris, France|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15.49, 13 March 2021 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23.19, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
Chelsea bought him next year (2016/17) for £32 million, and they also won the league that year. Since then opposing sides have adjusted to his particular skills, and he has been somewhat less successful. Nevertheless, his performance has been extraordinary as a midfielder only 5'6" tall in an era where most defenders are much taller.
Kanté made his senior international debut for France in 2016. In 2017 Kanté was named the French Player of the Year, a first for a player from the Premier League in seven years. 12 months later he was a key member of the 2018 FIFA World Cup winning squad.
Personal life[change | change source]
Kanté's parents moved to France in 1980 from the African country of Mali 11 years before his birth.
References[change | change source]
- "Updated squads for 2017/18 Premier League confirmed". Premier League. 2 February 2018. Retrieved 10 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia: List of players: France" (PDF). FIFA. 10 June 2018. p. 11. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 December 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Banks, Tony (8 August 2018). "How Chelsea teammates rewarded France's Kante and Giroud for their World Cup win".
- "Jorginho shows Kante how to play Sarri-ball during friendly with Lyon".