Noodle soup is a kind of soup. It contains the normal soup stock, together with noodles, and sometimes other ingredients. This kind of soup is very popular in Asia, where it originally came from. There are also many instant soups of this kind.
Some of the varieties are:
- Beef noodle soup - popular in China; noodles in a beef soup
- Ban mian - popular in China, Malaysia and Singapore; a noodle soup with flat noodles, egg, and usually vegetables.
- Soba - popular in Japan; noodles are made of buckwheat
- Udon - popular in Japan; noodles are made of wheat, toppings can be added, broth is usually dashi
- Mie ayam - popular in Indonesia; a chicken noodle soup.