|32nd Governor of California|
January 5, 1959 – January 2, 1967
|Lieutenant||Glenn M. Anderson|
|Preceded by||Goodwin Knight|
|Succeeded by||Ronald Reagan|
|23rd California Attorney General|
January 8, 1951 – January 5, 1959
|Preceded by||Frederick N. Howser|
|Succeeded by||Stanley Mosk|
|21st District Attorney of San Francisco|
|Preceded by||Matthew Brady|
|Succeeded by||Thomas C. Lynch|
Edmund Gerald Brown
April 21, 1905
San Francisco, California, U.S.
|Died||February 16, 1996 (aged 90)|
Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
|Resting place||Holy Cross Cemetery (Colma, California)|
|Political party||Democratic (1932 and after)|
|Republican (before 1932)|
|Children||4, including Edmund Gerald Jr. and Kathleen Lynn|
|Alma mater||San Francisco Law School (LLB)|
Edmund Gerald "Pat" Brown, Sr. (April 21, 1905 – February 16, 1996) was an American politician. Brown served as the 32nd Governor of California from 1959 to 1967. He is the father of the 34th and 39th Governor of California, Jerry Brown. He was succeeded by Ronald Reagan as Governor, but Reagan was soon succeeded by Brown's son Jerry. Brown ran for President of the United States three times; in 1976, 1980 and in 1992.
References[change | change source]
- Reinhold, Robert (February 18, 1996). "Edmund G. Brown Is Dead at 90; He Led California in Boom Years". The New York Times. Retrieved November 14, 2010.
- Rarick 2006, pp. 8, 30
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official Biography and portrait from State of California
- California State of Mind: The Legacy of Pat Brown
- Brown family of California at The Political Graveyard
- Shows off his custom license plate 
- Find a grave Edmund Brown