In the 21st century, Persia is another name for Iran, a country in Western Asia.
The Persian Empire (Persian: شاهنشاهی ایران - Shahanshahi-e Iran) is the name for a few empires, that ruled over modern-day Iran.
- Achaemenid Empire (550 BC – 330 BC), the first Persian Empire.
- Sassanid Empire (224 – 651 AD), the second Persian Empire.
- Persia (1501-1935) under Safavid dynasty, Afsharid dynasty, Zand dynasty, Qajar dynasty and Pahlavi dynasty
- Persian Empire, dynastic-states of Iranian origin that ruled Iran from the Medes to the Pahlavi period.
Persia may also refer to:
- Persia, Iowa, a city in the United States
- Persian Gulf, an extension of the Indian Ocean between Iran and the Arabian Peninsula
- Fars Province, a province in Iran, also known as Pārs
Related pages[change | change source]
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Persia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.