Sabu M. Jacob
Sabu M. Jacob
|Parent(s)||M. C. Jacob, Aliyamma Jacob|
|Awards||finalists for EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2015|
Sabu M. Jacob is an Indian business magnate. He is the chief Coordinator of Twenty-20 the charity outfit floated by Anna-Kitex Group. Twenty20 engaged in the overall development of Kizhakkambalam panchayath by the year 2020.
Biography[change | change source]
Sabu M. Jacob was born to M.C. Jacob, founder chairman of the Anna Kitex group and one of Kerala's pioneering industrialists. After his schooling he got graduation in Economics. He has been Managing Director of Kitex Garments Ltd since August 16, 2006 and has been its Chief Financial Officer since January 25, 2016.
Inspired by his father’s entrepreneurial success, Sabu M. Jacob decided to establish a garment unit of his own in 1992. This 100 percent export oriented business began its operations from Kizhakkambalamin in 1995, and has today, emerged as the world’s third largest infant wear manufacturing company. The company is listed as one of the best Asian companies by Forbes.
In 2013 Twenty-20 was founded to implement Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives of the company in Kizhakkambalam, the eastern suburb of Kochi. The long-term objective of Twenty-20 is to make Kizhakkambalam a model village by the year 2020 – a model of sustainable development, replicable anywhere in India and the world. In November 2015 Twenty-20 managed to win local body elections  with 69 percent vote share. Development initiatives were carried out by Twenty-20 through Housing Projects, Drinking Water Projects, Health, Agriculture, Education, Employment Opportunities, Green initiative, Anti-Corruption, Infrastructure, school upgrades and kindergartens, supplementary diet, Anti Alcohol Movement  environmental protection activities and women empowerment programs.
Awards and Recognitions[change | change source]
Kitex MD, Sabu M. Jacob featured among the finalists for EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2015
References[change | change source]
- "Kitex Garments - Interview with Sabu M Jacob, Chairman". www.seasonalmagazine.com. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Businessman's 2020 revs up Kizhakkambalam poll". 2015-10-10. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "It's a T20 match in Kizhakkambalam". The Hindu. 2015-10-12. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Kitex gives T20 a new spin in Kizhakambalam - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Tison Thomas (2011-07-25), M.C.Jacob of Anna Kitex Group - The legendary Business man Part 01, retrieved 2018-06-11
- "Sabu.M.Jacob- A true visionary | the fridaymania". www.thefridaymania.com. 17 June 2016. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- https://www.destination-kerala.com/tag/sabu-m-jacob[permanent dead link]
- "Sabu M Jacob – VCCircle". www.vccircle.com. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- Karmali, Naazneen. "Making Infant Wear With Care Is Child's Play For India's Kitex Garments". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "'Business houses can run villages better than political parties'". @businessline. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Watch out for Twenty20 at Kizhakkambalam". The Hindu. 2015-10-25. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Twenty20: Disrupting Kerala's political game". @businessline. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "How a company may change India's politics". Rediff. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Kizhakkambalam will be made liquor-free: Twenty20". The Hindu. 2015-11-09. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Kerala private firm enters panchayat poll fray, fields its own 'Twenty20'". The Indian Express. 2015-10-25. Retrieved 2018-06-11.