San Mateo, California
City of San Mateo
San Mateo from above
Location in San Mateo County and the state of California
|Incorporated||September 4, 1894|
|Named for||St. Matthew|
|• Mayor||Rick Bonilla|
|• City manager||Larry Patterson|
|• Total||15.88 sq mi (41.14 km2)|
|• Land||12.13 sq mi (31.42 km2)|
|• Water||3.75 sq mi (9.72 km2) 23.63%|
|Elevation||46 ft (14 m)|
|• Total||97,207 (US: 292nd)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||8,570.40/sq mi (3,309.14/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−8 (Pacific)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature IDs||1659584, 2411800|
San Mateo (/ / SAN mə-TAY-oh; Spanish for "Saint Matthew") is a city in San Mateo County, California, United States, in the San Francisco Bay Area. With a population of about 100,000 (97,207 at the 2010 census), it is one of the larger suburbs on the San Francisco Peninsula, located between Burlingame to the north, Foster City to the east, Belmont to the south, and Highlands-Baywood Park and Hillsborough to the west. San Mateo was incorporated in 1864.
References[change | change source]
- "California Cities by Incorporation Date" (Word). California Association of Local Agency Formation Commissions. Retrieved January 13, 2017.
- "Meet the Council". San Mateo, CA. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- "Office of the City Manager". San Mateo, CA. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jun 28, 2017.
- "San Mateo". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "San Mateo (city) QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 24, 2015. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- "ZIP Code(tm) Lookup". United States Postal Service. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to San Mateo, California at Wikimedia Commons