Sonoma County, California
|Sonoma County, California|
Location in the state of California
California's location in the U.S.
1,768 sq mi (4,579 km²)
1,576 sq mi (4,082 km²)
192 sq mi (497 km²), 10.88%
290/sq mi (112/km²)
Sonoma County is a county in the U.S. state of California. It is located north of the San Francisco Bay. It is the northernmost of the nine San Francisco Bay Area counties.  Sonoma County is surrounded by 4 counties: Marin County to the south, Mendocino County to the north, Lake County to the northeast, and Napa County to the east. The county seat is in Santa Rosa.
Sonoma County was one of the original counties formed when California became a state in 1850.
Cities[change | change source]
Some of the cities in Sonoma County include:
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "San Francisco Bay Area Vision Project". Bayareavision.org. Retrieved November 4, 2011.
- "The Association of Bay Area Governments". Abag.ca.gov. April 14, 2011. Retrieved November 4, 2011.
- "California County Map". CSAC.org. California State Association of Counties. 2014. Retrieved 2015-09-22.
- "California County History". CSAC.org. California State Association of Counties. 2014. Retrieved 2015-09-22.
- "State & County QuickFacts: Sonoma County, California". quickfacts.census.gov. U.S. Census Bureau. 31 August 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-22.
- "Cities of Sonoma County". sonomacounty.com. Sonoma County Tourism. 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-22.