Sejo of Joseon
|King of Joseon|
|Reign||1455 – 1468|
|Predecessor||Danjong of Joseon|
|Successor||Yejong of Joseon|
|Born||September 29, 1417|
|Died||September 8, 1468(aged 50)|
|Issue||Crown Prince Uigyeong of Joseon,|
Yejong of Joseon
|House||House of Yi|
|Father||Sejong of Joseon|
Sejo of Joseon (Hangul: 조선 세조; September 29 1417 – September 8 1468) was the seventh king of the Joseon Dynasty. He was the second son of Sejong the Great.
In 1429 his peerage was Grand Prince Suyang. When his father died in 1450, his elder brother Munjong was crowned. Two years later Munjong died, and Munjong's son Danjong was crowned.
In 1455, he took the throne and became king of Joseon himself. Sejo's nephew Danjong was expelled. Danjong was then murdered in 1455.
Works[change | change source]
- Seokbosangjeol (Hangul: 석보상절; Hanja: 釋譜詳節)
- Worinseokbo (Hangul: 월인석보; Hanja: 月印釋譜)
- Yeokdaebyeongyo (Hangul: (역대병요; Hanja: 歷代兵要)
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- ↑ father of Seongjong of Joseon, 9th king
- ↑ Sejo, King of Korea (1417-1468). "Life History and Sermon of Buddha Abstracted from Buddhist Scriptures". World Digital Library. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Sejo of Joseon:Navercast
- Sejo of Joseon[permanent dead link]
- 조선 세조대 정치를 보는 시각과 생육신 (논문) (in Korean)
- 나한님 옆 바위틈에 ‘물방울 종소리’ 청아해라 불교신문 2008년 06월 14일자 (in Korean)
- 선 굵은 선조… 개성 넘치는 정조…[permanent dead link] (in Korean)
- (이성무의 선비 이야기) <15> 세조와 이계전 Archived 2011-01-24 at the Wayback Machine (in Korean)
| King of Joseon Dynasty