Simple English might mean:
- Basic English
- The Simple English Wikipedia, which gives information about a certain subject using fewer words and simpler grammar than the normal English Wikipedia.
- The Simple English Wiktionary
- The Plain English Campaign trying to advocate for the use of simple ("plain") English to communicate with the public at large.
- The EasyEnglish bible, a translation aiming for a worldwide audience using a 1200 simple English word list plus some explained words.
- The Special English Voice of America form of simple English used for public radio news items for a large audience.
- The Specialized English SPOTLIGHT word list for broadcasting in a controlled version of the English language.
- The Simplified English word list of AECMA Simplified English
| This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.
References[change | change source]
Spotlight/Feba Specialized English http://spotlightenglish.com/media/Spotlight_word_list.pdf
Globish 1500 (different list !) http://www.jpn-globish.com/file/1500motsGlobish.pdf
BASIC GLOBISH http://www.earthhealing.info/SIGLOBSH07_2.htm
Simplified English http://www.userlab.com/Downloads/SE.pdf