Simple English Wikipedia
Type of site
|Internet encyclopedia project|
|Headquarters||Miami, Florida, United States|
Many articles are shorter than the same articles in the English Wikipedia. If someone cannot understand an idea in complex English, they can read the Simple English article.
When the Simple English Wikipedia started creation of pages and allowing changes in 2003, the English Wikipedia already had 150,000 articles. The Simple English Wikipedia has 199,098 articles. Simple English Wikipedia is the 50th largest Wikipedia as of December 2020.
Related pages[change | change source]
- English Wikipedia
- Wikipedia administrators
- Wikipedia:Simple English Wikipedia
- Simple English Wiktionary
- Simple English: a list of articles about attempts to simplify English
References[change | change source]
- Tim Dowling (January 14, 2008). "Wikipedia too long-winded for you? Try the simple version". The Guardian. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- "Simple English Wikipedia - Meta". meta.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2021-11-23.
- Koen Smets. "Automatic Vandalism Detection in Wikipedia: Towards a Machine Learning Approach" (PDF). University of Antwerp. Retrieved 2009-05-17.
- Wikimedia list of Wikipedias and their statistics Retrieved 24 December 2020.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Simple English Wikipedia.|