Type of site
|Internet encyclopedia project|
|Launched||January 27, 2007|
The Extremaduran Wikipedia (Extremaduran: Wikipedia en estremeñu) or Güiquipeya is the Extremaduran-language edition of Wikipedia, a free, online encyclopedia. It has 3,254 articles. The site was started on 27 January 2007. It received its current URL on 28 May 2008. With more than 1300 entries, it is ranked 205th in the Wikipedia list according to the number of articles.
Controversy[change | change source]
Different media have criticized the Extremaduran version of Wikipedia. It is questioned that the Extremaduran is not really a language, it is a dialect of Asturian and Castilian, and that it does not have a defined spelling rule. The fact that the page only has three main contributors, the same who initiated the project has also been the subject of controversy.
References[change | change source]
- Público (Spain), ed. (7 April 2008). "Llega la Güiquipeya" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 19 April 2011. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- El País.com, ed. (9 April 2008). "El extremeño ya tiene su edición en Wikipedia" (in Spanish). Madrid. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- "Los 200.000 hablantes del extremeño". El Periódico de Extremadura (in Spanish). 12 April 2008. Archived from the original on 9 December 2017. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- Aracely R. Robustillo. "La verdadera historia de la Güiquipeya". Hoy.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- Isabel Ramos (10 April 2008). "Los padres de la polémica Güiquipeya". El Periódico de Extremadura (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Extremaduran edition of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia|