|Slogan||The Free Encyclopedia|
|Type of site||Internet encyclopedia project|
|Registration||Optional (required to create articles)|
|Content license||Creative Commons Attribution/|
Share-Alike 3.0 (most text also dual-licensed under GFDL)
Media licensing varies
|Created by||Jimmy Wales, Larry Sanger|
|Launched||28 February 2004|
Mongolian Wikipedia (Mongolian: Монгол Википедиа) is a free and publicly editable online encyclopedia. It was created February 28, 2004. As of May 13, 2012 the Mongolian Wikipedia contained 7,599 articles. As of August 2011, there were about 104 people, with 17,763 registered users.
Growth, coverage and popularity[change | change source]
- November 17, 2011 – 6900 articles
- May 29, 2012 – 7593 articles
- May 29, 2012 – 273,497 edits
References[change | change source]
- There is some controversy over who founded Wikipedia. Wikipedia's official personnel page from September 2001 states Wales and Sanger were the two co-founders, and that there was no editor-in-chief. Wales considers himself to be the sole founder of Wikipedia and has told the Boston Globe that "it's preposterous" to call Sanger the co-founder. However, Sanger strongly contests that description. He was identified as a co-founder of Wikipedia at least as early as September 2001 and referred to himself that way as early as January 2002.
- Jonathan Sidener (6 December 2004). "Everyone's Encyclopedia". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved 15 October 2006.
- Peter Meyers (20 September 2001). "Fact-Driven? Collegial? This Site Wants You". New York Times. Retrieved 15 October 2006.
- Sanger, Larry. "What Wikipedia is and why it matters". Retrieved 12 April 2006.
- Wikipedia Statistics Mongolian — Монгол Википедиатай холбоотой бүх статистик мэдээлэл