Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV series)
|Star Wars The Clone Wars|
|Genre||Action, Adventure, Humor|
|Created by||George Lucas|
|Directed by||Dave Filoni (supervising)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||121 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|First shown in||United States|
|Preceded by||Star Wars: The Clone Wars (movie)|
|Followed by||Star Wars Rebels|
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is an American computer-animated television series created by George Lucas and by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation set during Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones from Three Months after the Battle of Geonosis and before Revenge of the Sith when Anakin turns evil. The series became very popular around the world on Cartoon Network as U.S Cartoon Network owned rights for season 1-5 but as season 6 was relicenced to Netflix in U.S and Canada. Disney had cancelled the show due to want more of Star Wars Episode 7 and Star Wars Rebels but in September 7 2014 on star wars.com a story arc with rough animation reel was the unreleased episodes due to cancellation and Star Wars Son of Dathomir was turned in to a comic book and another one will come with Asajj Ventress in June 2015.
Plot[change | change source]
The Clone Wars has begin as the Jedi Knights struggle to maintain peace in the galaxy and are forced to lead the Clone army of the republic against the evil droids army of the Sith lead by Count Dooku, General Grievous and other villians.
Production[change | change source]
The series was spinoff the 2D cartoon series made to a 3D series. George Lucas (executive producer) had first the idea as wanting to make a series based on the clone wars. George Lucas intended to make 100 episodes in five seasons.
Episodes[change | change source]
Lucasfilm had Originally produced 100 episodes divided in 5 seasons but Dave Filoni had confirmed on his facebook a sixth season coming in Early 2014 on Netflix and a sixith season came with 11 episodes but there were still unfinished episodes and story arcs so the Clone Wars Legacy had a unreleased rought animatic story arc on starwars.com and turned in to comic books and novels.
Release[change | change source]
Broadcast[change | change source]
Home media[change | change source]
The seasons of the show was made in DVD released in volumes as Season Two Volume titled Commando Commanders. DVD called Return of Darth Maul containing Darth Maul return story arc and Asajj Ventress new life. After Season Six came on Netflix the season came on DVD titled The Lost Missions' 
References[change | change source]
- Lesley Goldberg. "'Star Wars: Clone Wars' Ending its Run on Cartoon Network - The Hollywood Reporter". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "Star Wars: Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir: Jeremy Barlow, Juan Frigeri: 9781616555511: Books - Amazon.ca". amazon.ca. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "BREAKING: 'The Clone Wars' Legacy Stories Revealed - The Star Wars Underworld". starwarsunderworld.com. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- shadowman123. "Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV Series 2003–2005)". IMDb. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions Now on Netflix - StarWars.com". StarWars.com. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online". netflix.com. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- The official Clone Wars site
- The current episodes are available at the official Clone Wars site
- The official site's Clone Wars character databank
- Star Wars: Clone Wars on IMDb
- Clone Wars at the Big Cartoon DataBasey