Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
|Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker|
|Directed by||J. J. Abrams|
by George Lucas
|Music by||John Williams|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios|
It will be the third and last movie of the Star Wars sequel trilogy, after The Force Awakens (2015) and The Last Jedi (2017). The movie is being produced by Lucasfilm and Bad Robot Productions and will be distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Plot[change | change source]
Cast[change | change source]
- Daisy Ridley as Rey, a Force-sensitive young woman; the last apprentice to Luke Skywalker
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, the Supreme Leader of the First Order; born Ben Solo, the son of Leia Organa and Han Solo
- John Boyega as Finn, a stormtrooper who has defected to the Resistance
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, an X-wing pilot and commander of the Resistance
- Lupita Nyong'o as Maz Kanata, former space pirate and ally of the Resistance
- Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux, the First Order's second-in-command
- Kelly Marie Tran as Rose Tico, a technician in the Resistance
- Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca, a Wookiee and first mate of the Millennium Falcon
- Billie Lourd as Lieutenant Connix, an officer in the Resistance
- Naomi Ackie as Jannah
- Richard E. Grant
- Keri Russell
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, the last Jedi Master, who is now one with the Force
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO, a humanoid protocol droid in the service of General Leia Organa
- Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian, an old friend of Luke, Leia, and Chewbacca; a gambler and veteran of the Rebel Alliance
- Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa, leading general of the Resistance and Luke's twin sister.
References[change | change source]
- Hipes, Patrick (July 27, 2018). "Star Wars: Episode IX Rounds Out Cast, Which Will Include Carrie Fisher In Unreleased Footage". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 27, 2018.
- Whitten, Sarah (April 12, 2019). "Star Wars Episode IX's title is 'The Rise of Skywalker'". CNBC. Retrieved April 12, 2019.
- Pearson, Ben (May 1, 2018). "John Boyega Teases Star Wars Episode 9 Time Jump". /Film. Retrieved December 27, 2018.
- Holmes, Adam (March 12, 2019). "Oscar Isaac Says Episode IX Will Be A Fulfilling End To The Skywalker Saga". CinemaBlend. Retrieved April 4, 2019.
- Hutchinson, Corey (December 18, 2017). "Star Wars: Every Confirmed Cast Member For Episode 9". Screen Rant. Retrieved January 2, 2018.
- Hipes, Patrick (July 27, 2018). "Keri Russell Is In 'Star Wars: Episode IX' After All". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 29, 2018.
- Robinson, Joanna (December 14, 2017). "Star Wars: The Last Jedi—What Happened to Luke?". Vanity Fair. Retrieved March 7, 2019.
- Good, Owen S. (April 12, 2019). "Emperor Palpatine is back in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker". Polygon. Retrieved April 12, 2019.