Template:This week in history
|From a collection of Wikipedia's articles:
- Information presented in any article nominated for This week in history should be verifiable and unbiased. There must be a citation of a credible source to support the fact contained in the hook.
- The article linked should be easy to read.
- The hook used to encourage people to read the article should be interesting to read. Information mentioned in the hook should be in the article text (not in a footnote, or in a linked reference, or in an infobox).
- Articles may be re-nominated, but a different hook must be chosen. Also, two different hooks of the same article should not be added to the same update or updates that follow each other.
- This week in history hooks should not be very good articles (VGA) already as VGAs already get their own spotlight on the Main Page as the "Selected article".
- All VGA nominations for This week in history will be declined. VGAs are not allowed as they are featured on the Main Page in a different category already during their own time.
Quick Approve And administrator will check the hook for the rules above. Quick approval can be granted by any administrator. If a quick approval cannot be granted the reasons will be stated.
Consensus Approve The community can approve hooks here as a consensus in the event it can not be quick approved.