The Great Exhibition
The Great Exhibition, also known as the Crystal Palace Exhibition, was an international exhibition held in Hyde Park, London, England, from 1 May to 15 October 1851 and the first in a series of World's Fair exhibitions of culture and industry that were to be a popular 19th century feature.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Prince Albert's speech of 1849, announcing "The Exhibition of 1851"
- "Memorials of the Great Exhibition" Cartoon Series from Punch
- Royal Engineers Museum Royal Engineers and the Great Exhibition
- "In Our Time" BBC radio programme discussing the Great Exhibition and its impact.
- Images from the catalogue on flickr.com
- Charlotte Brontë's account of a visit to the Great Exhibition
- Great Exhibition Collection in the National Art Library
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Crystal Palace|