|Disney's Toontown Online|
|Developer(s)||Disney's Virtual Reality Studio|
|Publisher(s)||The Walt Disney Company|
Mac OS X
|Release||2 June 2003|
Disney's Toontown Online, also called as Toontown Online or Toontown, was an online video game created by The Walt Disney Company. The game was an MMORPG, where a lot of people play at one time. It was released in 2003, and closed in 2013.
Game's purpose[change | change source]
Players try to live life as a toon, play games on the Trolley and make new friends. But it's not all paradise. Evil robots called "Cogs" have taken over, and "gags" (cartoon fun) are used to defeat them. There is not a purpose that players have to go by. A player can choose to be the top racer or to have the most "laff points". Many people like it because of this. Some users even dare to become "ubers", toons with better gags but poor laff.
References[change | change source]
- The Walt Disney Company (2003-05-05). "Disney's Toontown Online to Launch June 2003". Press release. Archived from the original on 2004-11-27. https://web.archive.org/web/20041127025937/http://corporate.disney.go.com/wdig/online_releases/2003/2003_0505_wdig.html. Retrieved 2018-04-04.
- "Games developed by Schell Games". Archived from the original on 2018-04-30. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Takahashi, Dean (2017-07-30). "Schell Games builds games that change players for the better". VentureBeat. VentureBeat. Archived from the original on 2018-04-13. Retrieved 2018-04-07.
- "Frogchildren Studios Games Artwork". Archived from the original on 2018-04-30. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Boyer, Brandon (2008-09-29). "Getting Lively". GamesIndustry.biz. GamesIndustry.biz. Archived from the original on 2018-04-13. Retrieved 2018-04-08.
- Jesse Schell, Shawn Patton (2017-07-28). "What Makes Toontown Special? | Toonfest 2017 (Online video). YouTube. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
I am Jesse Schell, CEO of Schell Games, and at one time, I was the design director for Toontown Online.
- GamesIndustry International (2006-11-28). "Disney's Toontown Online Now Available For Macintosh". GamesIndustry.biz. GamesIndustry.biz. Archived from the original on 2018-04-13. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "Disney's Toontown Online: About Closing". The Walt Disney Company. Archived from the original on 2013-08-23. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Work vs. Play: The Story Behind Disney's Toontown Online, community member Comrade's journalism blog