Therapy, in the medical field also called treatment, is what people do to try to solve or care for a health problem, physical or mental. When a person is ill or injured, a doctor may make a medical diagnosis and then recommend a therapy to try to make the person well. The therapy can be, for example, medicines (drugs), surgery or a change of diet.
A person who does therapy as a job is called a therapist. There are many kinds of therapists. for example:
- Group therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Speech therapist
Therapeutic effects[change | change source]
Medical treatments may have four results:
- No effect at all.
- A therapeutic effect is a good result.
- An adverse effect is a bad result.
- A side-effect is an unwanted effect from therapy. For example, taking medications as tablets or injections may cause many sorts of side-effects. Examples are headaches, nausea, rash, constipation, blurred vision and others. Radiotherapy can also cause side effects of nausea, rash on the skin, and vomiting, for example.
Related pages[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- "Chapter Nine of the Book of Medicine Dedicated to Mansur, with the Commentary of Sillanus de Nigris" is an old book written in Latin. It was written in 1483. It has parts about therapy in it.
- "Physical therapist Jobs". Alternative Hub. Retrieved 3 May 2019.