University of Dhaka
সত্যের জয় সুনিশ্চিত
Motto in English
|Truth Shall Prevail|
|Vice-Chancellor||Mohammad Akhtaruzzaman (acting)|
|Campus||Urban, 240 hectares (600 acres) (without the Institute of leather engineering and tech.)|
The University of Dhaka (ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়), also known as Dhaka University or simply DU), is the oldest university in modern Bangladesh. It was created in 1921 during the British Raj. It is important to the modern history of Bangladesh. After the Partition of India, the university was important to the progressive and democratic movements in Pakistan. Its students and teachers played a central role in the rise of Bengali nationalism and the independence of Bangladesh.
Today, it is the largest public university in Bangladesh, with a student body of 33,000 and a faculty of 1,800.
Other websites[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Annual Report 2015". University of Dhaka. p. 132. Archived from the original on 2016-03-12. Retrieved 2017-09-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-12. Retrieved 2017-09-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Annual Report 2015". University of Dhaka. p. 95. Archived from the original on 2016-03-12. Retrieved 2017-09-09.
- "Mukherjee 'emotional' while receiving degree in Dhaka". The Economic Times. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "In Loving Memory of Samson H. Chowdhury,one of the greatest entrepreneurs the world has ever known". Worldfolio - AFA PRESS. Archived from the original on 7 January 2019. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Nawab Ali Chowdhury National Award, 2013". The News Today. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "DU Day". Banglanews24.com. Retrieved 26 November 2013.