|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Florida's 10th district
|Assumed office |
January 3, 2017
|Preceded by||Daniel Webster|
Valdez Venita Butler
March 12, 1957
Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.
|Alma mater||Florida State University|
She serves as the member of the United States House of Representatives from Florida's 10th congressional district. She served as Chief of the Orlando Police Department, the first woman to hold the position. She was the Democratic nominee in both 2012 and 2016 to represent Florida's 10th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives, the latter of which Demings won.
References[change | change source]
- "Florida U.S. House 10th District Results: Val Demings Wins". The New York Times. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- Zeleny, Jeff; Merica, Dan (June 26, 2020). "Nation's reckoning on race looms large over final month of Biden's running mate search". CNN.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Val Demings for Congress official campaign website
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Voting record maintained by The Washington Post
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Vote Smart
- Campaign finance reports and data at the Federal Election Commission
- Profile at Ballotpedia
- Profile Archived 2018-06-19 at the Wayback Machine at The Wall Street Journal
- Val Demings Archived 2017-03-01 at the Wayback Machine Video produced by Makers: Women Who Make America