Jump to navigation Jump to search
Main sport stories
- The Major League Baseball All-Star Game is played with teams comprised of the best players in the American and National Leagues. This marks the midpoint of the season.
- The 2009 World Aquatics Championships are being held in Rome, Italy. Over 2500 athletes from 185 countries are participating. So far, China is in the lead with 9 medals (as of 20/07/09).
- The Tour de France cycling race continues. Alberto Contador of Spain is in the lead after 15 stages.
- In the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup, an association football tournament involving teams from North America, Central America and the Caribbean, the semi-finals will involve Honduras, the United States of America, Costa Rica and Mexico.
- The 2009 Open Championship golf tournament is won by Stewart Cink, defeating Tom Watson in a playoff.
- The Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers 250, an American auto race, is won by Kyle Busch.
- The England cricket team won the second Ashes test match against Australia at Lord's. It's their first victory there in 75 years.