|Location||30 Woodlands Drive 17|
|Owned by||Land Transport Authority|
|Operated by||SMRT Trains Ltd (SMRT Corporation)|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
|Opening||31 January 2020|
Woodlands South MRT station (TE3) is a Mass Rapid Transit station on the Thomson–East Coast line in Woodlands, Singapore. It islocated directly under Christ Church Secondary School and near Singapore Sports School.
History[change | change source]
Contract T205 which involves the construction of this station was awarded to Woh Hup Private Limited on 23 August 2013. The station costs is S$144 million Construction of the station started in early 2014.
The station was planned to be open by the end of 2019 as part of the first stage of the TEL. However the station's opening was later changed to 31 January 2020.
References[change | change source]
- "TSL System Map & Station Footprints (Woodlands South station)". Facebook. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- "Speech by Mr Lui Tuck Yew, Minister for Transport, at the Inspection of Downtown Line 1 Station and Announcement of Thomson Line alignment, 29 August 2012, 10.00am at Telok Ayer Station". Ministry of Transport. Ministry of Transport. 29 August 2012. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Thomson Line Station Names Finalised". www.lta.gov.sg. 27 June 2014. Archived from the original on 6 January 2020. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- "New MRT Station in Woodlands in 2019". www.lta.gov.sg. 23 August 2013. Archived from the original on 6 January 2020. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- "Public Preview of Thomson-East Coast Line 1 Stations on 11 January (TEL1 will officially open for passenger service on 31 January 2020)". www.lta.gov.sg. 2019-12-11. Archived from the original on 2020-10-06. Retrieved 2020-01-06.