|Date of birth||15 June 1987|
|Place of birth||Atsugi, Kanagawa, Japan|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|1. FFC Turbine Potsdam|
|2010–||1. FFC Turbine Potsdam||40||(24)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 December 2011.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 11 September 2011
|Women's Association football|
Early life[change | change source]
International competition[change | change source]
Ogimi played on teams which were part of Japan's 12-year change from a regional women's football team to a world-class one.
She was a member of the team that won the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup. This win caused a burst of national pride in Japan, which was hungry for good news in the aftermath of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
Ōgimi played on the team which won a silver medal in the 2012 Summer Olympics at London. Her play was highlighted when she scored a crucial goal in the first game of the Olympic tournament and in semi-final game. She also scored a goal against the US team in the championship game.
Club career statistics[change | change source]
|1. FFC Turbine Potsdam||2009–10||10||6||1||0||-||5||2||16||8|
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- FIFA.com, Yuki Ogimi; retrieved 2012-8-9.
- Brummitt, Chris. "Japan women readying for Olympic soccer semis," Washington Examiner, August 5, 2012 (archived);retrieved 2012-8-23.
- Sports Reference.com (SR/Olympics), "Yuki Nagasato"; retrieved 2012-8-9.
- London2012.com, Yuki Ogimi; retrieved 2012-8-10.
- "Brazil make shock exit from women's football event after losing to Japan 2-0," The Telegraph (UK). August 3, 2012; Fielding, Gus. "Olympics: Ogimi stars as Nadeshiko Japan reach Olympic semis," Japan Times. August 4, 2012; retrieved 2012-8-8.
- "Japan reaches women’s football final after holding on to beat France 2-1," Washington Post' (US), August 6, 2012; Odeven, Ed. "Nadeshiko advances to Olympic final," Japan Times. August 8, 2012; retrieved 2012-8-9.
- Parker, Graham. "Olympic women's soccer 2012 – USA 2-1 Japan - as it happened," The Guardian (UK). August 12, 2012; retrieved 2012-8-20.