Anson County, North Carolina
|Anson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
North Carolina's location in the U.S.
537 sq mi (1,391 km²)
6 sq mi (16 km²), 1.04%
47/sq mi (18/km²)
In 1753, the northern part of Anson County became Rowan County. In 1762 the western part of the county became Mecklenburg County. In 1779 the northern part of the county became Montgomery County, and the part east of the Pee Dee River became Richmond County. And in 1842 the western part of Anson County was combined with the southeastern part of Mecklenburg County to make Union County.
Anson County is part of the Centralina Council of Governments.
Connected Counties [change]
These counties are connected to Anson County:
- Stanly County, North Carolina - north
- Richmond County, North Carolina - east
- Marlboro County, South Carolina - south east
- Chesterfield County, South Carolina -south
- Union County, North Carolina -west
Cities and Towns [change]
These cities and towns are in Anson County