Granville County, North Carolina
|Granville County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
North Carolina's location in the U.S.
537 sq mi (1,391 km²)
5 sq mi (13 km²), 1.02%
91/sq mi (35/km²)
In 1752 parts of Granville County, Bladen County, and Johnston County were combined to form Orange County. In 1764 the eastern part of Granville County became Bute County. And in 1881 parts of Granville County, Franklin County, and Warren County were combined to form Vance County.
Granville County is part of the Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments.
Bordoring Counties [change]
The counties border, or connect to, Granville County:
- Mecklenburg County, Virginia - north
- Vance County, North Carolina - east
- Franklin County, North Carolina - southeast
- Wake County, North Carolina - south
- Durham County, North Carolina - southwest
- Person County, North Carolina - west
- Halifax County, Virginia - north-northwest
Cities and towns [change]
These cities and towns are in Granville County: