From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kashmir mainly refers to the northwestern region of the Indian subcontinent shared by India, Pakistan, and China.
It may also be:
- Kashmir valley, surrounded by Pir Panjal mountain ranges, between Pakistan, India and Ladakh.
- Kashmir and Jammu (princely state), the former princely state which came to an end in 1947.
- The Kashmir Conflict, the territorial dispute over the Kashmir region:
- Jammu and Kashmir, area of Kashmir administered by Republic of India as a state; disputed by Pakistan.
- Azad Kashmir and Gilgit–Baltistan, areas of the disputed Kashmir region administered by Pakistan.
- Trans-Karakoram Tract, an area ceded by Pakistan to China by the Sino-Pak Border Agreement in 1963.
- Aksai Chin, an area of disputed Kashmir region administered by China.
- Cashmere wool
- Cashmere goat
- "Kashmir" (song), the 1975 song by rock band Led Zeppelin from the album Physical Graffiti
- "Kashmir: Symphonic Led Zeppelin", a tribute album to Led Zeppelin
- Kashmir (band), a Danish rock band
- "Kashmir", a instrumental track by Scooter from Back to the Heavyweight Jam
- "Kashmir," a song by the band Liquid Blue
- SS Kashmir, P & O liner that was a troopship during World War 1
- HMS Kashmir, World War 2, Royal Navy destroyer
- Kashmir Solidarity Day, on 5 February each year since 1990 in Pakistan as a day of protest against Indian control of part of Kashmir.
- Azad Kashmir Day, celebrated by Azad Jammu & Kashmir government on the day of its creation on 24 October 1947; also celebrated in the rest of Pakistan.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.