|Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
|• Density||7,388/km2 (18,912/sq mi)|
|• Metro||7.2 million|
|License plate prefix||Wxx (for all vehicles include taxis)|
Kuala Lumpur is the capital city of Malaysia, and the Federal Territory of Wilayah Persekutuan. Malaysia is a country in Asia. With the completion of Putrajaya in the late 1990s, the administrative capital has been moved to Putrajaya. Kuala Lumpur is home to one of the tallest buildings in the world, the Petronas Twin Towers.
Climate[change | change source]
Kuala Lumpur is located in the climatic region of tropical wetlands.
The annual range of temperature in Kuala Lumpur is small, only 1°C. There is no distinct seasonal difference in temperature in the city. Kuala Lumpur is hot throughout the year. The annual mean temperature are 26.5 °C (79.7 °F).
Mayors of Kuala Lumpur[change | change source]
Since Kuala Lumpur became a Federal Territory of Malaysia on February 1, 1972, the city has been led by seven mayors. They are:
- Tan Sri Dato' Lokman Yusof (1972)
- Tan Sri Yaakob Latiff (1973 - 1983)
- Tan Sri Dato' Elyas Omar (1983 - 1992)
- Dato' Dr. Mazlan Ahmad (1992 - 1995)
- Tan Sri Dato’ Kamaruzzaman Shariff (1995 - 2001)
- Datuk Mohmad Shaid Mohd Taufek (2001 - 2004)
- Datuk Ruslin Hasan (since 2004) 
Other websites[change | change source]
- Kuala Lumpur city location map
- Kuala Lumpur City Hall
- Maps of Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide - Comprehensive Travel Guide to Kuala Lumpur | City Guide, hotels, attractions and vacations.