||This article does not have any sources. (September 2009)|
A mobile device is an electric device which its user can easily move. Typical examples are a mobile phone, PDA and Game Boy. Mobile devices do not need electricity connection to work. Usually, they have a battery to hold electricity to work without electric wires. A user can change, send and take the data with connection by modem or cable. Many exchange data wirelessly. Uses for these devices include reading and writing e-mails, surfing in the internet and listening to music. More complicated mobile devices can plan days, run computer games, and have almost all functions of desktop PC.
Examples of mobile devices [change]
- PDA - Personal digital assistant
- USB flash drive
- MP3 player
- PMP - Portable media player
- Digital camera
- Cell phone
- Pocket PC
- GPS - Global Positioning System
- Bluetooth headset
Mobile devices can be classifed by size and capabilities:
- With small, text-screen. Mostly used for write short messages. Example: cell phones.
- With medium screen. Examples: Smartphone, E-reader.
- With big screen and able to run operating system. Examples: laptops, palmtops, tablets.