Kohn at the 2012 Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting
March 9, 1923
|Institutions||UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto, Harvard|
|Doctoral advisor||Julian Schwinger|
|Known for||Density functional theory|
|Notable awards||Nobel Prize in Chemistry(1998), Buckley Prize|
References[change | change source]
- From Exile to Excellence, by Karin Hanta (Austria Culture Vol. 9 No. 1 January/February 1999)
Other websites[change | change source]
- Photograph of Walter Kohn: 
- "Quantum Chemistry Comes of Age," The Chemical Educator, Vol. 5, No. 3, S1430-4171(99)06333-7, , © 2000 Springer-Verlag New York, Inc.
- Freeview video interview with Walter Kohn by the Vega Science Trust
- Official homepage of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1998
- Kohn's faculty website at University of California-Santa Barbara. Retrieved November 11, 2006.