||This article may have too many red links.
- Wario - the main character in the games who often tries to get more money. Even though he's very greedy, he's helped a lot of people out, mostly because of a reward. In the WarioWare series, Wario owns his own video game company.
Wario Land [change]
- Captain Syrup - A female pirate who is Wario's first enemy besides Mario in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. She steals a Princess Peach statue in Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, and Wario tries to steal it so he can sell it to Mario and Peach. She later appears in Wario Land II and Wario Land: The Shake Dimension.
- Rudy the Clown - Another enemy of Wario. He's a giant, ugly clown with floating hands. He first appears in Wario Land 3, but appears again in Dr. Mario 64 fighting Wario and Dr. Mario, and in Wario Land: The Shake Dimension.
- Princess Shokora - A Princess in Wario Land 4 who gets turned into a cat by a woman called Golden Diva.
- Golden Diva - A rich, evil woman who lives in a giant Pyramid in Wario Land 4.
- Black Jewel - An evil jewel who takes over Wario's castle in Wario World and turns all his money into monsters.
- Goodstyle - A talking wand who asks Wario to help him beat Count Cannoli in Wario: Master of Disguise.
- Count Cannoli - A thief in Wario: Master of Disguise.
- Carpaccio - A chemist and a thief in Wario: Master of Disguise.
- Terrormisu - An evil demon sealed into a stone called a Wishstone in Wario: Master of Disguise.
- Shay King - The villain of Wario Land: The Shake Dimension who steals a magic purse and a woman that makes a never-ending flow of gold, and Wario tries to defeat him to save the princess and steal the magic purse.
WarioWare adds many new characters who are employees of Wario's company, WarioWare.
- Mona - A young girl who, while working for WarioWare, also does other jobs like delivering pizza, serving ice cream, cheerleading, and being a pop star. She rides on a vespa scooter and has a monkey, a pig, and an elephant to help her.
- Jimmy T. - A dancer who's a fan of disco. He has a cell phone that he likes to play games on when he's not dancing. He has an afro that is usually blue, but also comes in green and pink. He has four relatives - his parents are named Papa T. and Mama T., and he has a brother and sister named James T. and Jamie T. He also has a look-alike called Jimmy P.
- Dr. Crygor - A scientist who helps Wario out often and makes inventions for him to use.
- 9-Volt and 18-Volt - 9-Volt and 18-Volt are two video game players in grade school.
- Kat & Ana - Two ninja kindergarteners who fight evil.
- Orbulon - A very smart alien who crash lands on Earth, and often gets into trouble in space.
- Dribble & Spitz - A dog and a cat who also work as taxi drivers.
- Ashley - A young witch who casts spells and conjurs up potions. She has a friend and pet called Red, a tiny demon.
- Mike - A robot made by Dr. Crygor. He uses a microphone.
- Penny Crygor - Dr. Crygor's daughter. She's also very smart.
- Young Cricket and Master Mantis - A student and his master. They practice martial arts.
- Wario-Man - Wario's super-hero form. Wario can become him in more than one way, but one way is that he eats bad garlic.
- Mario & Wario 1993, Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 1994, Game Boy
- Wario's Woods 1994, Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! 1994, Game Boy
- Virtual Boy Wario Land 1995, Virtual Boy
- Wario Land II 1998, Game Boy and Game Boy Color
- Wario Land 3 2000, Game Boy Color
- Wario Land 4 2001, Game Boy Advance
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! 2003, Game Boy Advance
- Wario World 2003, Nintendo GameCube
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! 2003, Nintendo GameCube
- WarioWare: Twisted! 2004, Game Boy Advance
- WarioWare: Touched! 2004, Nintendo DS
- WarioWare: Smooth Moves 2007, Wii
- Wario: Master of Disguise 2007, Nintendo DS
- Wario Land: The Shake Dimension 2008, Wii
Appearances in the Super Smash Bros. series [change]
The series' first appearance in the Super Smash Bros. series was in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but it was only as a collectible trophy. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wario is a playable character, and can be in both his biker outfit from WarioWare or his plumber outfit from Wario Land. There is also a level based on WarioWare, collectible trophies and stickers from his series, and music from the WarioWare series. Masahiro Sakurai, the creator of the games, said that he did not include Wario in Melee because he did not like him, and picked Dr. Mario instead.[source?]