Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
The Super Smash Brothers logo
|Series||Super Smash Bros.|
|Aspect ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Release date(s)||JP January 30, 2008
NA March 9, 2008
AUS June 26, 2008
EU June 27, 2008
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer, online multiplayer|
|Media||Wii Optical Disc (dual-layer)|
Characters[change | change source]
There are 35 characters in Brawl. Most of the characters from the second game in the series, which was called Super Smash Bros. Melee, return (although Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu and Young Link were removed), and a few others are added, including two (Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog) that were in games that Nintendo did not own.
Default characters[change | change source]
- Diddy Kong
- Donkey Kong
- Fox McCloud
- Ice Climbers
- King Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Princess Peach
- Pokémon Trainer
- Samus Aran/Zero Suit Samus
- Princess Zelda/Sheik
Unlockable characters[change | change source]
- Captain Falcon
- Falco Lombardi
- Mr. Game and Watch
- Solid Snake
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Toon Link
- Wolf O'Donnell
Items[change | change source]
Like other Super Smash Bros. games, items appear in the middle of the game that characters can use. However, Brawl adds many more items, such as an "Assist Trophy" (where a character from a Nintendo game shows up to help you kill your ) and a "Smash Ball" (when activated, it gives characters powers that make it really easy to kill opponents).
Stages[change | change source]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl has many stages that players can battle on. Most of the stages are based on Nintendo series. One of these is Shadow Moses Island from Metal Gear Solid.
References[change | change source]
- Sakurai, Masahiro. Interview with Satoru Iwata. Iwata Asks: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Transcript). Wii.com. Assessed on 2008-04-11.
- "スマブラ拳!!" (in Japanese). Nintendo. http://www.smashbros.com/jp/index.html. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- "Super Smash Bros. Brawl". Nintendo. http://us.wii.com/soft_ssbb.jsp. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- "Super Smash Bros. Brawl at Nintendo Australia". Nintendo. 2008-05-14. Archived from the original on 2008-04-08. http://web.archive.org/web/20080408070619/http://games.nintendo.com.au/title.php?id=1143. Retrieved 2008-05-14.
- "Nintendo announces Q2 release schedule". Nintendo. 2008-04-24. http://nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2008/nintendo_announces_q2_release_schedule_7920.html. Retrieved 2008-04-24.
- "Wi-Fi Play". Smash Bros. Dojo!!. 2007-09-18. http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html. Retrieved 2007-09-18.
- Gantayat, Anoop (2006-05-18). "Sakurai Talks Smash Brothers Brawl". IGN. http://wii.ign.com/articles/709/709205p1.html. Retrieved 2007-06-19.
Other websites[change | change source]