Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||980s 990s 1000s – 1010s – 1020s 1030s 1040s|
|Years:||1009 1010 1011 – 1012 – 1013 1014 1015|
Events[change | change source]
- Mael Morda starts a rebellion against Brian Boru in Ireland, which would eventually end in 1014 at the Battle of Clontarf.
- Sulayman is restored as Umayyad caliph of Cordoba, succeeding Hisham II.
- Benedict VIII becomes pope. Gregory is antipope.
- Archbishop Alphege of Canterbury is murdered by his Danish captors.
- King Aethelred of England pays Danegeld.
- Oldrich succeeds Jaromir as duke of Bohemia.
- Fatimid Caliph al-Hakim orders the destruction of all Jewish and Christian places of worship.