Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1080s 1090s 1100s – 1110s – 1120s 1130s 1140s|
|Years:||1111 1112 1113 – 1114 – 1115 1116 1117|
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Asia[change | change source]
- The Song Dynasty emperor Huizong sends a gift of Chinese musical instruments for use in royal banquets to the Goryeo court of Korea, by request from the Goryeo king Yejong.
Europe[change | change source]
- January 7 – Matilda, daughter of Henry I of England, marries Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor.
- Ramon Berenguer III of Barcelona and his Pisan allies, takes over Ibiza and Mallorca.
- The Almoravid governor of Zaragoza, Muhàmmad ibn al-Hajj, launches an offensive against the County of Barcelona but is defeated at the Battle of Martorell by Ramon Berenguer III.
- As part of the Norman expansion southward, the count Routrou II of Perche enters the service of the king of Castille, Alfonso the Battler.
- The Polovtsy attack the Byzantine Empire.
Births[change | change source]
- Otto of Freising, German bishop and historian (approximate date; d. 1158)
- Gerard of Cremona, Italian translator of scientific works (approximate date; d. 1187)
- Henry of Scotland, 3rd Earl of Huntingdon (d. 1152)
- Bhaskara II, Indian mathematician
Deaths[change | change source]
- Nestor the Chronicler, Slavic historian (approximate date) (b. c. 1056)
- Koloman, ban (ruler) of Croatia
References[change | change source]
- Gilbert Meynier (2010) L'Algérie cœur du Maghreb classique. De l'ouverture islamo-arabe au repli (658-1518). Paris: La Découverte; pp.86.
- McGrank, Lawrence (1981). "Norman crusaders and the Catalan reconquest: Robert Burdet and te principality of Tarragona 1129-55". Journal of Medieval History 7 (1): 67–82. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0304418181900361.