Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1130s 1140s 1150s – 1160s – 1170s 1180s 1190s|
|Years:||1159 1160 1161 – 1162 – 1163 1164 1165|
Events[change | change source]
- June 3 – Thomas Becket named Archbishop of Canterbury.
- July 15 – Ladislaus II of Hungary declared King of Hungary.
- July 24 – Emperor Gaozong abdicated to Emperor Xiaozong.
- July 25 – Emperor Xiaozong said to restore Yue Fei after his death.
Births[change | change source]
- October 13 – Leonora of England, queen of Alfonso VIII of Castile (died 1214)
- Abd-el-latif, Baghdad traveller and writer
- Genghis Khan, founder of the Mongol Empire (died 1227)
- Muhammad of Ghor, Persian conqueror and sultan (died 1206)
- Renier of Montferrat, Byzantine politician
- Richard de Clare, 4th Earl of Hertford (died 1218)