Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1390s 1400s 1410s – 1420s – 1430s 1440s 1450s|
|Years:||1417 1418 1419 – 1420 – 1421 1422 1423|
Year 1420 was a leap year starting on Monday.
|Ab urbe condita||2173|
|Balinese saka calendar||1341–1342|
|English Regnal year||7 Hen. 5 – 8 Hen. 5|
|Chinese calendar||己亥年 (Earth Pig)|
4116 or 4056
— to —
庚子年 (Metal Rat)
4117 or 4057
|- Vikram Samvat||1476–1477|
|- Shaka Samvat||1341–1342|
|- Kali Yuga||4520–4521|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 27|
|Minguo calendar||492 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1962–1963|
1546 or 1165 or 393
— to —
1547 or 1166 or 394
Events[change | change source]
- May 21 – Treaty of Troyes. With the Burgundian faction dominant in France, King Charles VI of France acknowledges Henry V of England as his heir and as virtual ruler of most of France.
- May 25 – Henry the Navigator is appointed governor of the Order of Christ.
- The Madeira Islands were discovered by the Portuguese João Gonçalves Zarco.
- Hussite Wars – Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor fails at the battle of Vysehrad and is ejected from Bohemia.
- Catherine of Valois marries Henry V of England.
- Henry V of England starts the construction Grace Dieu (ship)
- Construction begins on the Temple of Heaven in Beijing, China while the Forbidden City is completed.
- World population reaches 3.75 million.
Births[change | change source]
- November 24 – John Stafford, 1st Earl of Wiltshire, English politician (died 1473)
- date unknown