|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1410s 1420s 1430s – 1440s – 1450s 1460s 1470s|
|Years:||1438 1439 1440 – 1441 – 1442 1443 1444|
Events of 1441[change | change source]
- King's College, University of Cambridge, is founded by King Henry VI.
- Ouagadougou becomes the capital of the Mossi Empire.
- Two Ethiopians attend an ecclesiastical council at Florence, as part of the negotiations concerning a possible union of Coptic and Roman Catholic Christianity. This is the earliest recorded contact of the Ethiopian Church with Europe.
- Revolt in Yucatán capital Mayapan; Maya civilization falls into warring city-states.
- Christopher of Bavaria succeeds Karl Knutsson Borde as king of Sweden.
- Alfonso V of Aragon captures Naples after a five-month siege.
- With the help of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, governor Haci Giray declares his province independent of the Golden Horde and establishes the Crimean Khanate.
- The Republic of Venice annexes the seigniory of Ravenna, ending the Da Polenta dynasty.