From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||15th century – 16th century – 17th century|
|Decades:||1540s 1550s 1560s – 1570s – 1580s 1590s 1600s|
|Years:||1574 1575 1576 – 1577 – 1578 1579 1580|
Events[change | change source]
- March 17 – formation of the Cathay Company to send Martin Frobisher back to the New World for more gold
- May 28 – Publication of the Bergen Book, better known as the Solid Declaration of the Formula of Concord, one of the Lutheran confessional writings. The earlier version, known as the Torgau Book (1576), had been condensed into an Epitome; both documents are part of the 1580 Book of Concord.
- September 17 – Peace of Bergerac signed between Henry III of France and the Huguenots
- The church in San Pedro in the Atacama Desert in Chile was built.
- November – The Great Comet of 1577 passed by Earth.