2018 Asian Games
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Host city||Jakarta, Palembang|
|Motto||Energy of Asia|
(Indonesian: Energi Asia)[a]
|Events||465 in 40 sports|
|Opening ceremony||18 August|
|Closing ceremony||2 September|
|Officially opened by||Joko Widodo|
President of Indonesia
|Officially closed by||Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah|
President of the Olympic Council of Asia
|Athlete's Oath||Arki Dikania Wisnu|
|Torch lighter||Susi Susanti|
The 2018 Asian Games, also known as the XVIII Asian Games, was a sports event in Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia. It occurred from 18 August to 2 September, 2018. There were 465 events from 40 sports and disciplines.
Notes[change | change source]
- Only the English version of the motto were used during the Games.
References[change | change source]
- Odi Aria Saputra (10 April 2015). "Keppres Asian Games Turun Pertengahan April" (in Indonesian). Sriwijaya Post. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- Muhammad Hary Prasetya (12 February 2016). "Tema Asian Games 2018, The Energy of Asia, Ini Artinya". Superball.id. Archived from the original on 11 October 2016. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "Japan's swimmer Ikee named Asian Games' MVP". Xinhuanet.com. Xinhua News Agency. 2 September 2018. Archived from the original on 2 September 2018. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- "18-8-18 start planned for 18th Asian Games". Olympic Council of Asia. 27 January 2015. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- Ade Irma Junida (2 October 2014). "GBK akan direnovasi demi Asian Games 2018" (in Indonesian). Antara. Retrieved 10 April 2015.