Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||50s BC 40s BC 30s BC – 20s BC – 10s BC 0s BC 0s|
|Years:||26 BC 25 BC 24 BC – 23 BC – 22 BC 21 BC 20 BC|
|Gregorian calendar||23 BC|
|Ab urbe condita||731|
|Ancient Greek era||189th Olympiad, year 2|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丁酉年 (Fire Rooster)|
2674 or 2614
— to —
戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
2675 or 2615
|Coptic calendar||−306 – −305|
|Ethiopian calendar||−30 – −29|
|- Vikram Samvat||34–35|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3078–3079|
|Iranian calendar||644 BP – 643 BP|
|Islamic calendar||664 BH – 663 BH|
|Julian calendar||23 BC|
|Minguo calendar||1934 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||289/290 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||520–521|
104 or −277 or −1049
— to —
105 or −276 or −1048
Year 23 BC was either a common year starting on Saturday or Sunday or a leap year starting on Friday, Saturday or Sunday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Augustus and Varro.
Events[change | change source]
- Caesar Augustus becomes Roman Consul for the eleventh time. His partner is Aulus Terentius Varro Murena.
- Augustus becomes very ill. He gives Agrippa his signet ring.
- The Nubians, led by queen Candace Amanirenas, attack the Roman province of Egypt
- Herod the Great builds a palace in Jerusalem
- The as coin was struck in reddish pure copper, instead of bronze
- Ma'nu III Saphul becomes ruler of Osroene
- The Roman writer, architect and engineer Vitruvius finishes writing De Architectura. It is perhaps the first book on architecture.
- Roman poet Horace publishes the first three books of Odes
Births[change | change source]
- for more information, see Category:23 BC births.