|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||4th century BC – 3rd century BC – 2nd century BC|
|Decades:||320s BC 310s BC 300s BC – 290s BC – 280s BC 270s BC 260s BC|
|Years:||300 BC 299 BC 298 BC – 297 BC – 296 BC 295 BC 294 BC|
|297 BC by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||297 BC|
|Ab urbe condita||457|
|Ancient Egypt era||XXXIII dynasty, 27|
|- Pharaoh||Ptolemy I Soter, 27|
|Ancient Greek era||120th Olympiad, year 4|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||癸亥年 (Water Pig)|
2400 or 2340
— to —
甲子年 (Wood Rat)
2401 or 2341
|Coptic calendar||−580 – −579|
|Ethiopian calendar||−304 – −303|
|- Vikram Samvat||−240 – −239|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||2804–2805|
|Iranian calendar||918 BP – 917 BP|
|Islamic calendar||946 BH – 945 BH|
|Minguo calendar||2208 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||15/16 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||246–247|
−170 or −551 or −1323
— to —
−169 or −550 or −1322
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 297 BC.|
Year 297 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar.
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Roman Republic[change | change source]
- Fabius Maximus Rullianus becomes consul for the fourth time. He defeats the Samnites in a battle near Tifernum.
Greece[change | change source]
- After Cassander's death from illness, Philip IV, Cassander's eldest son, becomes King of Macedon. Soon after this he suffers from a wasting disease and dies. Antipater, the next son, rules jointly with his brother Alexander V.
- Demetrius Poliorcetes returns to Greece to become master of Macedonia. While Demetrius is in Greece, Lysimachus seizes his possessions in Asia Minor.
- Ptolemy decides to support Pyrrhus of Epirus and restores him to his kingdom. At first Pyrrhus reigns with a kinsman, Neoptolemus II of Epirus. But he has him assassinated.
India[change | change source]
- Chandragupta Maurya goes to Sravana Belagola near Mysore to live in the way of Jains.
- Bindusara his son goes to the Pataliputra throne.