|Centuries:||3rd century – 4th century – 5th century|
|Decades:||300s 310s 320s – 330s – 340s 350s 360s|
|Years:||330 331 332 – 333 – 334 335 336|
Year 333 (CCCXXXIII) was a common year starting on Monday of the Julian calendar.
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Roman Empire[change | change source]
- Flavius Dalmatius and Domitius Zenofilus become consuls.
- Calocaerus goes against Constantine I and calls himself Emperor.
- December 25 – Constantine I gives his youngest son Constans the rank of Caesar at Constantinople.
China[change | change source]
- Shi Hong succeeds his father Shi Le as Emperor of the Later Zhao Empire, in the Period of the Sixteen Kingdoms.
Births[change | change source]
- Saint Monica, Algerian Christian saint and mother of Augustine of Hippo (approximate date)
Deaths[change | change source]
- Empress Liu
- Murong Hui, Xianbei chief and Duke Xiang of Liaodong (b. 269)
- Shi Le, founder and emperor of the Chinese Jie state (b. 274)