|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||20s BC 10s BC 0s BC – 0s – 10s 20s 30s|
|Years:||2 AD 3 AD 4 AD – 5 AD – 6 AD 7 AD 8 AD|
|Ab urbe condita||758|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —乙丑年十一月十二日
|- Vikram Samvat||61–62|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3106–3107|
|Iranian calendar||617 BP – 616 BP|
|Islamic calendar||636 BH – 635 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1907 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||548|
5 (V) is a common year of the Julian calendar which started on a Thursday. According to the Gregorian calendar, it started on a Saturday. It was known as the Year of the Consulship of Messalla and Cinna. It was the 5th year of the 1st century.
Events[change | change source]
Roman Empire[change | change source]
- Rome acknowledges Cunobelinus, King of the Catuvellauni, as King of Britain.
- Germanic Tribes Cimbri and Charydes send ambassadors to Rome
- Gnaeus Cornelius Cinna Magnus, Lucius Valerius Messalla Volesus (or Gaius Ateius Capito) become Roman consuls
- Tiberius conquers Germania Inferior
- Agrippina the Elder marries Germanicus her second cousin.
- Livilla marries Drusus Julius Caesar, Tiberius's son.
- Polycharmus Azenius becomes Archon of Athens.
China[change | change source]
- Emperor Ping of Han is assassinated. Grand Empress Dowager Wang appoints Wang Mang as acting-emperor of Han until a suitable successor is found to replace the childless Ping.
Births[change | change source]
- Julia, daughter of Drusus Julius Caesar and Livilla (d. 43)
- Drusilla of Mauretania
- Ruzi Ying, great-grandson of Emperor Xuan Han, Emperor of China (d. 25)
- Yin Lihua, Empress of China (d. 64)
Deaths[change | change source]
- Gaius Asinius Pollio, Roman orator, poet and historian (b. 76 or 75 BC)
- Ping of Han, Emperor of China is assassinated, poisoned it is believed on the orders of Wang Mang (b. 14 BC).
References[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 5.|