Akhenaten (first known as Amenhotep IV) was a pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt. He is known for trying to create a monotheistic worship of the Egyptian sun god, Aten. It was called Atenism. Atenism was the first known attempt at monotheism in the world. Akhenaten is one of Egypt's most well-known pharaohs.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Akhenaten.|
- Egyptian reconstruction group called Order of the Aten Temple
- Akhenaten and the Hymn to the Aten[dead link]
- "The City of Akhetaten[dead link]
- A profile discussing his familial relations
- The Great Hymn to the Aten
- A Re-examination of the Long Coregency from the Tomb of Kheruef by Peter Dorman
- The Bible - Book of the Pharaohs
- "Moses and Akhenaten: The Secret History of Egypt at the Time of the Exodus"