Alvin and the Chipmunks 4: The Road Chip
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip is a 2015 movie starring Jason Lee as David Seville. The main characters for the movie are Alvin, Simon, Theodore and the Chipettes. The movie was released on December 18, 2015.
Plot[change | change source]
Four years after the events of the third film, Alvin, Simon, and Theodore, along with the Chipettes – Brittany, Jeanette, and Eleanor – set up a surprise birthday bash for Dave that also serves as a good-luck and going-away party for the Chipettes, who are scheduled to be guest judges on American Idol. Alvin invites and hires many people and celebrities to the dismay of Simon before Dave returns home in dissatisfaction. Nevertheless, Dave agrees to take them to mini-golf, and meet Samantha, the woman he has been dating for the past few months. While the Chipmunks like Samantha, her son Miles is a bully who physically abuses the trio. Later, the Chipmunks find an engagement ring in a bag Dave brought home and believe that he is going to propose to Samantha. Realizing in horror that Dave and Samantha getting married would make Miles their step-brother, they try to steal the ring, but are unsuccessful.
Dave has to produce a record for rising pop artist Ashley Grey in Miami, and decides to bring Samantha along with him. The Chipmunks and Miles are staying together, but they agree to head to Miami to sabotage the supposed proposal. The Chipmunks drug three squirrels and dress them up in their clothes to fool their hard-of-seeing neighbor Ms. Price , who was asked to look after them. The Chipmunks travel on a plane, but Theodore lets out a monkey, which then lets out several animals which cause an emergency landing and bring the ire of unscrupulous Air Marshal James Suggs, who reveals to have a grudge against the Chipmunks because his girlfriend dumped him for being so into them at the time, effectively eliminating his shot of becoming an FBI agent. As revenge on them, they are put on the No Fly List.
The Chipmunks perform at a bar, but this is interrupted by Suggs, and they cause a bar brawl as a diversion. They jump into a cab sitting outside. After the cab driver learns that they cannot pay him, he kicks the four out of the cab. The Chipmunks and Miles rest at an old tree, and he reveals that his father left him when he was five years old, causing the four to bond and see each other in different lights. They raise money to take a bus to New Orleans, and sing "Uptown Funk" at the Mardi Gras parade, which gets the attention of Dave when it is broadcast on live television and allows for the Chipmunks to cause Suggs, who has followed them, to get drunk on moonshine.
Dave and Samantha meet Miles and the Chipmunks at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport and ground them for what they did. Because the Chipmunks are now on the No Fly List, Dave has to drive the boys. Dave is very disappointed in them. When they arrive in Miami, Alvin reveals that he stole the ring from the container, thus ruining the proposal. However, Miles had bonded with the Chipmunks during their trip and was upset that they were celebrating over this, thinking they just didn’t want to have him around. He crosses the street with his headphones on and is almost hit by a car, but the Chipmunks swing Theodore and push Miles out of the way, saving his life. They agree to give the ring back.
During the dinner, Suggs catches up with the Chipmunks, but they trap him in an elevator. Miles and the Chipmunks return the ring to Dave saying they accept Samantha and Miles into the family, but Dave reveals he never intended to propose to Samantha for the time being, and the ring belonged to his friend Barry, who was proposing to his girlfriend, Alice, who is disgusted to find a breath mint inside the container, which Alvin had placed there as a replacement for the ring. Dave is very disappointed in the Chipmunks, so they try to make it up to him by singing a new song to him at the launch party with the help of the Chipettes, Ashley and Miles. They also return the ring to Barry, who reattempts his proposal to Alice, and this time, Alice accepts. Having forgiven them (while also apologizing for going overboard with his no music policy), Dave returns to Los Angeles with the Chipmunks and officially adopts them as his sons, but becomes frustrated after discovering that the squirrels destroyed everything at their house. Later, Suggs escapes the elevator and decides to relax by the pool, only for two security guards to carry him out of the hotel.
Cast[change | change source]
- Justin Long as Alvin Seville, a brave and musical but mischievous chipmunk who is the leader of the Chipmunks.
- Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. provides Alvin's singing voice.
- Matthew Gray Gubler as Simon Seville, an intelligent chipmunk who is the tallest of the three and a member of the Chipmunks.
- Steve Vining provides Simon's singing voice.
- Jesse McCartney as Theodore Seville, a timid chipmunk who is the smallest of the three and a member of the Chipmunks.
- Janice Karman provides Theodore's and the Chipettes' singing voice.
- Jason Lee as David "Dave" Seville, a struggling songwriter and the adoptive father of the Chipmunks and the Chipettes.
- Tony Hale as Agent James Suggs, the unscrupulous air marshal who shows cruelty to the Chipmunks as hates them because they ruined a former relationship between him and his girlfriend, and as a result, he puts them on the No Fly List for revenge.
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Samantha, Dave's girlfriend and the woman he's been dating for the past few months.
- Josh Green as Miles, Samantha's son who was initially mean to the Chipmunks, but later becomes their friend and probably has a one-sided love for Ashley
- Bella Thorne as Ashley Grey, a pop singer whom Dave has to produce a record to in Miami.
- Christina Applegate as Brittany, a fearless, determined, and independent chipmunk who is Alvin's girlfriend, and the leader of the Chipettes.
- Anna Faris as Jeanette, a female chipmunk who is the tallest of the three, Simon's girlfriend, and the member of the Chipettes.
- Kaley Cuoco as Eleanor, a female chipmunk who is the smallest of the three, Theodore's girlfriend, and the member of the Chipettes. She was previously voiced by Amy Poehler in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009) and Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011).
- Eddie Steeples as Barry
- Maxie McClintock as Alice
- Retta as Maxine
- Uzo Aduba as TSA Officer Jane Johnson
- Mark Jeffrey Miller as Nicholas
- Redfoo (cameo) as himself
- John Waters (cameo) as John 
- Jennifer Coolidge (cameo) as Ms. Delores Price
- Laura Marano (cameo) as Daniella 
References[change | change source]
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 4: The Road Chip on IMDb
- Pedersen, Erik (2015-03-10). "Kimberly Williams-Paisley Cast In 'Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Road Chip'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2015-03-22.
- Hipes, Patrick (2015-02-11). "John Ortiz Cast In 'Steve Jobs' Movie". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2015-03-22.
- "'Alvin and the Chipmunks' road-trip sequel takes a familiar route". Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip". Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- Pedersen, Erik (2015-03-23). "Bella Thorne Joins 'Chipmunks 4′; Jon Bernthal, Richard Armitage in 'Pilgrimage'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2015-04-04.
- "Alvin and the Chipmunks - About". Facebook. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "Redfoo Juicy Orange Studded Flat Top Glasses from Alvin". The Take. 2015-02-11. Retrieved 2015-03-22.
- "John Waters has a cameo in latest 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' movie". Chris Kaltenbach. The Baltimore Sun. December 17, 2015. Retrieved December 18, 2015.
- "ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: ROAD CHIP - The Review". Tom Stockman. We Are Movie Geeks. December 17, 2015. Retrieved December 18, 2015.
- "Laura Marano Making Surprise Appearance in New 'Alvin & the Chipmunks'". Fanlala.com. December 17, 2015. Archived from the original on March 23, 2017. Retrieved December 28, 2015.