|Type||Master limited partnership|
|Traded as||NYSE: BX|
|When it was created||1985|
|People who started it||Peter George Peterson|
Stephen A. Schwarzman
|Headquarters||Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States 345 Park Avenue|
|Key people||Stephen A. Schwarzman|
(Chairman and CEO)
Hamilton E. James
(President & COO)
J. Tomilson Hill
Jonathan D. Gray
(Global Head of Real estate)
|Things made||Private equity|
|Money earned||US$ 7.484 billion (2014)|
|Net income||US$ 1.584 billion (2014)|
|AUM||US$ 311 billion (2015)|
|Total assets||US$ 31.510 billion (2014)|
The Weather Channel
Alight Solutions (www
The Blackstone Group L.P. is an American multinational private equity, alternative asset management and financial services firm based in New York City. As the largest alternative investment firm in the world, Blackstone specializes in private equity, credit and hedge fund investment strategies. As of September 30, 2017 Blackstone has $387 billion under management.
Blackstone's private equity business has been one of the largest investors in leveraged buyouts in the last decade, while its real estate business has actively acquired commercial real estate. Since its inception, Blackstone has invested in such notable companies as Hilton Worldwide, Merlin Entertainments Group, Performance Food Group, Equity Office Properties, Republic Services, AlliedBarton, United Biscuits, Freescale Semiconductor, Vivint, and Travelport.
Blackstone was founded in 1985 as a mergers and acquisitions boutique by Peter G. Peterson and Stephen A. Schwarzman, who had previously worked together at Lehman Brothers, Kuhn, Loeb Inc.. Blackstone has become one of the world's largest private equity investment firms. In 2007, Blackstone completed a $4 billion initial public offering to become one of the first major private equity firms to list shares in its management company on a public exchange. Blackstone is headquartered at 345 Park Avenue in Manhattan, New York City, with eight additional offices in the United States, as well as offices in London, Paris, Düsseldorf, Sydney, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Madrid, Mumbai, and Dubai.
References[change | change source]
- Stephen Schwarzman speaks with Betty Liu and Erik Schatzke on "In the Loop" (April 16, 2015). Schwarzman Says Fundraising Environment Is 'Remarkable' (Television production). Bloomberg. Event occurs at 00:22 minutes in. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
You've got assets now at three hundred billion dollars.
- "Blackstone Reports Third Quarter Results" (PDF). The Blackstone Group. January 31, 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 30, 2014.
- Wiliam Alden (April 18, 2013). "Public Offering Values SeaWorld at $2.5 Billion". The New York Times. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- "The Blackstone Group". The New York Times. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- GmbH, finanzen.net. "Blackstone Q3 Profit Climbs - Quick Facts". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- Kim, Soyoung (September 19, 2012). "Blackstone buys security firm Vivint for over $2 billion". Reuters. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- Anderson, Jenny. "Blackstone Founders Prepare to Count Their Billions." New York Times, June 12, 2007.
- "Blackstone - Our Offices overview". Blackstone.