Church performing at the Electric Circus, Edinburgh 2012
|Birth name||Charlotte Maria Reed|
21 February 1986|
Llandaff, Cardiff, Wales
|Genres||Pop, Celtic, classical, classical crossover, operatic pop, alternative rock, indie pop|
Sony Music |
Power Amp Music
Charlotte Church (born Charlotte Maria Reed, 21 February 1986) is a Welsh singer-songwriter, actress and television presenter. She changed her surname when she was adopted by her stepfather. She sings classical music and pop music. She hosted a Channel 4 chat show titled The Charlotte Church Show. She has two children by rugby player Gavin Henson.
By 2007, she had sold more than ten million records worldwide including over five million in the United States. In 2010 she was reported to be worth as much as £11m (though one 2003 report quoted her worth at £25m). Church released her first album in five years, titled Back to Scratch, on 17 October 2010. Church has a mezzo-soprano vocal range.
Discography[change | change source]
- Studio albums
References[change | change source]
- "Prelude... The Best of Charlotte Church" (PDF). Wma.com. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
- RIAA - Recording Industry Association of America
- Tim Cornwell (2010-04-23). "From stagehand to £635m impresario – Sir Cameron Mackintosh top Scot on music rich list". The Scotsman. Edinburgh. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- Alison Adato, Galina Espinoza, Mike Neill (2003-01-27). "So Young, So Rich". People. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- Savill, David (20 November 2008). "Charlotte Church - Prelude". BBC. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- Russell, Jamie (28 November 2008). "Charlotte Church interview: I'll Be There (2003)". BBC. Retrieved 23 October 2012.