|Copenhagen Airport, Kastrup
Københavns Lufthavn, Kastrup
|Location||Kastrup, Tårnby, Denmark|
|Elevation AMSL||5 m / 17 ft|
Copenhagen Airport (Danish: Københavns Lufthavn, Kastrup) or Copenhagen Airport (Danish: Københavns Lufthavn; (IATA: CPH, ICAO: EKCH)) is international airport in Denmark and has 3 terminals. This airport is largest in the Nordic countries.
It is located 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) south of Copenhagen city centre, and 24 kilometres (15 mi) west of Malmö city centre.
History[change | change source]
- 1925 - Opens for service.
- 1982 - The Cargo terminal opens.
- 2006 - 20 million passengers for the first time.
- 2007 - A metro station opens, connecting the airport to the Copenhagen Metro.
- 2010 - The new low cost terminal CPH Go opens the 31st of October.
Passengers (2010) 21,501,750
Sources[change | change source]
- "EKCH – København/Kastrup" (PDF). AIP Denmark. Copenhagen: Trafikstyrelsen/Danish Transport Authority. 28 June 2012. part AD 2 – EKCH. Retrieved 4 August 2012.