|• Municipal||86.39 km2 (33.36 sq mi)|
|• Urban||606.5 km2 (234.2 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||91 m (299 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||1 m (3 ft)|
|• Municipal||613,288 (details)|
|• Urban||1,308,893 (details)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
1050–1778, 2100, 2150, 2200, 2300, 2400, 2450, 2500
|Area code(s)||(+45) 3|
Founded as a Viking fishing village. Copenhagen was built in the 12th century A.D. and got City rights in 1254. A few years later, it was destroyed nearly completely. In 1443, Copenhagen became the capital of Denmark. In 1801, there were more than 100,000 inhabitants in Copenhagen for the first time. In the 1960s, more than 700,000 people lived in Copenhagen Municipality, and today there are 528,000 inhabitants in the municipality. Near the city centre there is the famous Freetown Christiania.
References[change | change source]
- "ARE207: Area by region". Statbank.dk. Statistics Denmark. January 2016. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "Statistics Denmark: Copenhagen City/Urban Area (Københavns Kommune, Hovedstadsområdet), 2012 (tables: FOLK1, BEF44)". Statistics Denmark. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- "Population at the first day of the quarter by urban areas, age and sex". statbank.dk. Statistics Denmark. 1 January 2016. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Copenhagen Portal - Tourist & Visitors Guide to Copenhagen
- Insider Travel Tips and Tourist Guides to Copenhagen
- VisitCopenhagen.dk - Wonderful Copenhagen
- Copenhagen for Partiers - Tourist Guide
- WorldFlicks in Copenhagen: Photos and interesting places on Google Maps